Sunday 23 August 2015

Bitten by the Hounds-tooth

Whenever I'm asked what my favourite nail design to do is I always reply the same thing.... HOUNDS-TOOTH!!!!

So as my first post I thought it only fitting to write about this classic. I have loved this design for months now and although I may be a bit behind the times I though I would share with you my variations on this design. The pattern is most commonly done in black and white but you could use any colour as a base for whatever mood your in on that day.

The picture below is from a while ago when I was experimenting with this design and I daren't say it, but I think I may even love this colour more!



I want to share with you all how I create this pattern so you too can have a go and experiment!

There are a few simple steps you can follow to get the perfect hounds-tooth:
1. paint your base coat (whatever colour you are feeling on the day)
2. draw little black squares (doesn't even need to be black) in uniform lines on your nail as close together as you wish
3. draw on the extensions from the squares which are the crosses and diagonal lines
Its really that simple!!!!

To create this I just used a striper brush from the Rio nail art pens, I have also previously used the Topshop thin nail brushes to paint the little black lines.



As of yet I am not sure when I will be posting or how interesting the posts will be so just bare with me! I am thinking the posts will mostly be about nails, nail products I'm using and maybe even the odd post on other things I'm loving

Keep Smiling,
Holly x  

2 comments:

  1. I love this post, such a good idea!xx

    daniellelgreaves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete