Tuesday 29 September 2015

Brand reviews

I wanted to dedicate this post to reviewing and telling you all about some of my favourite nail polishes and brands, also I have just purchased a Tanya Burr polish and wanted to tell you all about it!

My all time favourite brand is Nails inc, it is a bit more expensive than the high street brands but i think it's totally worth it! I have so many of these polishes and love every single one! The polish is so thick and pigmented so it only needs one coat which is something I especially look for in a good polish. I have 24 of the full sized polishes just at my uni house and more at home so this is clearly a sign of how much I love this brand.




The really good thing about Nails inc is every once in a while they will pair up with a magazine such as 'In Style' or 'Glamour' and offer a free nail polish with each purchase of the magazine! This for me is like a dream come true, so I make sure to stock up on all the colours available, you have to take advantage. So if you are thinking of trying this brand but don't want to splash out before you try the magazine deals are a great option for you. As we are now officially in Autumn I thought I would recommend a few colours that I personally love, the first is 'Sao Paulo Streets' this is the nudey grey colour. I got this one free in a magazine and fell in love, nude is so on trend at the moment and this shade is perfect. Second is 'Northumberland Avenue', I think khaki is fab and the colour reminds me of the trees going brown as we head into Autumn. The other four I have chosen are all very dark similar colours, they are 'Queensgate Mews', 'Hanover square', 'St Pancras' and 'Wigmore street' I just think dark purples and red scream Autumn and long nights.




I know that Nails inc is quite pricey so if your a student like me or just looking for a cheaper alternative my favourite high street brands include Rimmel, Barry M and even Primark which i have recently discovered do nail polish. I went through a phase of avoiding Barry M as i found they would dry out quite fast but i love the 'Gelly Hi Shine' nail polishes the finish is so shiny.

I took a trip to Liverpool recently and purchased a nail polish from the Tanya Burr collection, i chose 'penguin chic' which is a grey colour. The packaging is soo pretty! i love the square shaped bottle and the heart on top of the lid just makes the product. The colour of this nail polish is fab and so on trend at the minute, however you do need to apply a good few coats as the polish is thin. If you have the time to apply a few coats then you should invest. 




Hope you found this of some use.
Keep smiling,
Holly x


No comments:

Post a Comment